Finals Day is now just a week away so I thought I would set out the arrangements for the day.
The North Foreland clubhouse will be open from 7.30am for competitors. Please do not arrive before this time.
We are required to submit our team list asap on arrival but no later than 8am and once submitted it cannot be changed. Can I therefore please ask all team players to text me by 7.30am at the latest to confirm you are on your way.
The semi-finals will start at 8.30am with 8 minute intervals between the matches. Semi-finals 1 and 2 will tee off alternately. This means our tee times are:
1. 8.30am, 2. 8.46am, 3. 9.02am, 4. 9.18am, 5. 9.34am, 6. 9.50am, 7. 10.06am
Whilst I do appreciate that the later players will have a long wait I would ask you to all be at North Foreland by 8am at the latest.
Once a match has been resolved you should return to the clubhouse to report the result. You should also have lunch so that you are ready for the afternoon session if required.
The Four County Managers are promoting Sporting Play. They also expect matches to keep up with each other. If matches are slow they will be asked to speed up or to stand aside to allow the match behind through. They also expect 6 inch putts to be given to speed up play.
The Final will start at 2pm.
We will be wearing whites shirts (west malling logo'd if at all possible) together with black bottoms. I would ask all caddies to follow this dress code as near as possible. Please also wear your purple sweaters.
Please ensure that you have sufficient clothing to cope with two rounds of golf in all types of weather. I think we will have a better idea after the weekend of the type of weather we will have on the day but you will need to be prepared for all conditions. Remember you will also need sufficient batteries for your trollies! And plenty of water!!
Can I ask all team players and caddies to liaise so they have a Sky Caddie (or equivalent) between them. This must abide with R&A rule 14.3 and measure distances only.
We will be posting guidelines for caddies shortly together with details of the catering for the day.
We will announce the team for the semi-final after the practice rounds have been completed.
Thats all for now but please check the blog regularly for further information.
No comments:
Post a Comment