Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Update on Thursday's Match

An update from Faversham:

"We played today, but there is still a bit of snow around 18 temporary greens and we were carrying. However it really depends on what happens in the next 24 hours,whether we will be able to play on Thursday.

2 things - on the 1st hole we have gone back to the men's tee ( 444 yds) a health and safety issue from the Executive Committee.
And we have swapped the SI of the 1st and 2nd. - ie the 1st becomes 7 and the 2nd becomes 11.

Our ladies are not happy playing at West Malling on Thursday, if the course at Faversham is unfit. We have not had a practice round and most of the team are unfamiliar with the course - I am sure you will understand. I know you haven't played many matches,but we do have till the end of April."

I will let you know as soon as a decision is made but it could be another match to be re-arranged!

3 comments:

  1. Not looking promising!!,...although Sunny today!
    Just to let you know if we have to carry I won't be able to play!!..too hilly for my asthma! C xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well its supposed to be 6 deg and light rain tomorrow - any news?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you all if the match goes ahead.
    PatD

    ReplyDelete