Friday, 12 February 2010

Update on Faversham match

Please see the following report from the Faversham captain re the current position with their course:

"Unfortunately we have had a lot of snow in faversham and the course has been closed all week.
Had to cancel our away match v Chart Hills yesterday. This competition seems to go on for ever!
Even if the snow goes, we might have problems with frost next week, to keep us off the greens"

Lets pray for some good weather!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, poor you! Will keep fingers crossed that the match goes ahead. Debbie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest seeing if we could swap Thursday's match for the home fixture but I suppose they may not have played their courtesy rounds at WM and no doubt WM will have a load of societies on!!....we would probably arrange all that and then find it snows here!!
    I don't envy you Helen. C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Helen, it seems the odds are stacked against these matches being played. I really feel for you all. If the match does go ahead on Thursday, good luck. I might try to join Pat and Viv if I can get there to support.
    Ray x

    ReplyDelete