The club are still unable to confirm whether the spitfire will be open tomorrow but if it is there will be at least 5 temporary greens. As this is very close to the maximum number of temporary's allowed and also bearing in mind the state of the course we have made the decision to call the match off. Groan.........
I am hoping to re-arrange the match for Thursday 1st April but still have to confirm this with the club and will let you know asap the revised date.
This now means that we are going to have to play all our matches in March & April starting at Parkwood next week. Tough but we can do it.
I am planning to go to the club tomorrow and may see some of you there.
How dissapointing this all is!!
ReplyDeleteI was hopeful as it had stayed dryer than expected today..now I am going to have to go to work instead!
Hi Caroline yes this is very disappointing but the Spitfire is apparently in very bad condition and I am sure you would want to win your golf match through skill and not by coping with the mud the best! Keep the good form going we are going to be very busy.
ReplyDeleteagreed..golf in wellies would be really tricky!
ReplyDeleteWhat time are you going to the club tomorrow?
Oh No... not again!! I can practically hear Kelly's swearing from Maidstone!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat time do we need to be at Park Wood next week? Poor ParkWood ladies, they are going to get thrashed with all the BUILDUP TENSION!! Have a drink Helen!! xx
It's just unbelievable ! I'm speechless. I know, I can hear the 'At last.'
ReplyDeletePoor you. I feel so sorry for you all. As you say Helen, maybe March will bring some of those winds to dry everything out. It can't keep raining forever or someone will have to invent water golf.
ReplyDelete