Well we have done it - our 5 - 2 win against Langley Park was enough to get us through to finals day on Wednesday 23rd June when we will have to play either Westerham or Knole Park.
Fantastic wins for Caroline & Judith (both 5 & 4), Rena (4 & 3), Helen Venis (3 & 2) and Debbie Tennant (1 up) combined with minor loses for Kelly & Sue (both 3 & 2) gave us sufficient points to overcome the result at Langley Park and see us through by the narrowest of margins i.e. one point.
Well done ladies, you were all terrific today and should all be proud of your achievements. Everyone played their part today showing that West Malling are a force to be reckoned with.
I would also like to thank all our supporters on the day, Stella, Pat, Viv, Jane, Helen, Peggy & Belinda (I hope I have remembered everyone) - we do appreciate it.
Can't wait for the 23rd June, it should be a great day!!
Blimey!! That was too close for comfort!! Well done to the winners today, you were FANTASTIC!! Well done to the whole Squad, Captains & Supporters for getting us through to the FINAL. Oh my God!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic!!!! Well Done ladies. See you all next week when I tear myself away from the HOT sun here...xx
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Talk about a nerve-wracking day, and I was just a supporter! You must have a few more grey hairs Helen! Congrats to everyone you were all great!!!!!! Bring on Westerham(or Knole) Viv
ReplyDeleteWell done everyone who has played a part in any of these matches..supporting or playing...what an achievement and a fab team to be part of! C xx
ReplyDelete