Monday, 2 November 2009

Sunday 1st November 2009

Well what a day - the dreadful weather meant that we were not able to play golf with the course being closed. Despite this 12 ladies braved the conditions and met for coffee.
The team for Chart Hills has now been finalised and is:
  • Kelly Hanson
  • Sue Stickland
  • Debbie Conder
  • Caroline Harrison
  • Rena Jones
  • Helen Venis
  • Stella Pitt
  • Reserve: Brenda Wilson
The team have agreed that they would like to wear black shirts and trousers under the red jumpers and I hope this will not cause too many problems or expense! We have also asked Ashley if he can get any more jumpers as we do not have many spares and we will use the remaining Pearson funds to buy these.

Pat has also obtained two copies of the Rules DVD which are now in circulation and are compulsory viewing for all team players.

Further Get Togethers have been scheduled for:
  • Thursday 19th November
  • Tuesday 29th December
Please put these dates in your diaries.

And lastly a massive thank you to you all for the enthusiasm you have shown over the last month to the Pearson cause. The commitment to playing the round robin matches and attending the Get Together's is evidence of a thriving ladies section at West Malling and I am very grateful for all your support. We have some tough teams to play this year and it won't be easy to win our group but I am absolutely sure we will enjoy ourselves trying.
Thank You
Helen

1 comment:

  1. Good strong team selection, Helen! Best of luck ladies and please keep me posted of successes/tales etc. I will keep monitoring the blog from sunny climes and will be thinking of all of you on November 12th.
    All the best and see you all when I get back early February. Adios for now xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete