Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Match v Vets Tuesday 3rd Nov

Helen and I played a very enjoyable game against Tony(I can do no wrong!) Geering ( Helen's opponent) and Neil ( I used to play off 1!)Donnelly, my opponent.
I started off fairly well and held my own until 12th when I forgot I could'nt hit the ball as far as Neil could and basically saw the wheels come off, loosing 5 and 3. All shots were played in good spirit, including air shots and shanks!! They were a charming pair.
Lesson
On the 16th, Neil had two puts to halve the hole and win the match. As it was a friendly match, I did not ask him to put. However in a Pearson match every hole counts! If you lose, it is better to lose 4 and 3, which I might have done if he had 2 putted to half the 16th., than 5 and 3 which is how the match ended.
Live and learn !

No comments:

Post a Comment