West Malling Golf Club - Four County Champions 2012
LADIES THE NEW SWEATERS ARE IN THE SHOP.I THINK I HAVE TEXTED EVERYONE,SO THIS IS JUST TO FOLLOW UP.HELEN WOULD LIKE US TO WEAR THE NEW SWEATERS ON THURSDAY, WITH BLACK POLO/SHIRT.WE WILL DAZZLE THEM!!!
Let's hope we hit a purple (iris) patch tomorrow!!
Warning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear PurpleBy Jenny JosephWhen I am an old woman, I shall wear purplewith a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer glovesand satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tiredand gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bellsand run my stick along the public railingsand make up for the sobriety of my youth.I shall go out in my slippers in the rain and pick the flowers in other people's gardensand learn to spit. You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fatand eat three pounds of sausages at a goor only bread and pickles for a weekand hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes. But now we must have clothes that keep us dryand pay our rent and not swear in the streetand set a good example for the children.We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.But maybe I ought to practice a little now?So people who know me are not too shocked and surprisedWhen suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
This comment has been removed by the author.
When we are old women we shall wear purple and beat Rochester and Cobham 7 matches to 0!!
Great poem kelly!What a fantastic win. Congratulations everyone!!!What was the point score? Did I hear 25 to 0 ?
LADIES THE NEW SWEATERS ARE IN THE SHOP.
ReplyDeleteI THINK I HAVE TEXTED EVERYONE,SO THIS IS JUST TO FOLLOW UP.
HELEN WOULD LIKE US TO WEAR THE NEW SWEATERS ON THURSDAY, WITH BLACK POLO/SHIRT.
WE WILL DAZZLE THEM!!!
Let's hope we hit a purple (iris) patch tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteWarning - When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
ReplyDeleteBy Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhen we are old women we shall wear purple and beat Rochester and Cobham 7 matches to 0!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat poem kelly!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic win. Congratulations everyone!!!
What was the point score? Did I hear 25 to 0 ?