Friday, 30 October 2009

Sue V Helen

Played Sue today and whilst I was All Square at 9 I then managed to lose the next 5 holes to lose the match 5 & 4. I think Sue only let me stay in the match so long as she felt guilty for an incident earlier in the round!
If you were at the club today you might have heard about the demented woman seen running down the fairway on the 2nd (Spitfire) after her trolley which was heading at speed down the hill towards the A20.
I had left my trolley at the top of the hill whilst I helped Sue look for her ball. Having found the ball Sue decided to help me by setting my trolley off towards my ball. Unfortunately that was nowhere near me and the trolley raced off at speed down the hill with me in mad pursuit. Fortunately the trolley stopped before it reached the bushes but I have never been any good at running and the sight of me chasing after it must have been quite funny for anyone watching.
All that extra exercise - no wonder I ran out of steam after 9 holes!
Thanks for the game Sue - I enjoyed it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh Helen, oh and also the golf. Sorry, I was just trying to save you coming all the way back to your bag. I've never seen you move so fast. Very enjoyable game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in stitches just reading this.....looks like we have our own version of "Carry on Golfing". Good luck against the vets. Remember they are 'old' men! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd loved to have seen that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat I promise not to touch your trolley on Sunday, honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete