Um........... its the St Augustine's practice round.
Quick call to St Augustine's "is the course open just checking due to the pouring rain". Yes madam the course is open.
Switch phone on to check how many ladies have baled out - impressed NO-ONE.This lot are keen!!
Jump in car still pouring and blowing a gale - am sure they won't all turn up!! Off I go.
St Augustine's have already told us no trollies and some temporary greens so with this rain think its going to be a right old mess.
Get to St Augustine's rain eased off so looks promising. Into clubhouse wow all the ladies have turned up. Fantastic lot these Ladies.
Into pro shop to meet Brenda's friend - he really is a right misery but we are all set to go!!
Onto course - whats all these signs!!!
7 Temporary greens (apparently just reduced from 18!!)
Teeing up on fairway (what fairway cant see one!!)
Bunkers all full of water so GUR!!Water and mud coming up over our shoes!!
Are they SERIOUS!!!!!!
Well we survived and most played 12 holes but well done to Lisa and Pat who did all 18.
The course is in such bad condition I can't believe they will be expecting us to play our match next week but I will be contacting the St Augustine Pearson Captain to discuss so please watch this space.
In the meantime WELL DONE to the 12 who turned up today including VIV who left her squirrels behind.
It was FUN!!

Just as well we all have good sense of humour.
ReplyDeleteAfter my first two shots, a face splattered in mud and a wet sock I was already properly prepared for the rest of the round. We all felt pretty much the same I think.
Mud glorious mud!! No,thank you! Can we have summer,sun, warmth and dry fairways please!