Sunday, 26 September 2010

Pearson Trophy 2010/2011

With summer golf coming to an end its time to look forward to another Pearson Trophy competition! I hope the summer has been good to you and that you have enjoyed your golf. Unfortunately the weather appears to be on the change and I have got very wet in my last couple of rounds. Hopefully this is not going to be the norm for the next couple of months as we get down to some serious matchplay practice.

We have had a fabulous response to our request for ladies to sign up for Pearson this year with a number of new ladies joining the squad. Some of these ladies will have little or no experience of matchplay and this year will be all about them getting experience of this type of golf and the Pearson competition.

As we did last year I have put all ladies into round robin groups so that you can get some matchplay practice against people of similar handicaps before the Pearson starts in November. I will post details separately but one important change this year is that matches will be played on the Hurricane in view of the alterations planned for the Spitfire. So please play your practice rounds on the Hurricane if possible.

I have also arranged a Get Together on Thursday 7th October (9am for 9.30am start) and hopefully many of you will be able to attend. Don't worry if you don't have any experience of matchplay as we will arrange for someone to play with you to show you whats what.

The fixtures meeting for this years competition is on 4th October and we will post details to the BLOG as soon as we know who we will be playing.

I am in the process of contacting all ladies to ensure they have access to the BLOG so if you do speak to any new ladies and they are not sure what they should be doing please ask them to give me a call on 01634 378427 or 07974 345776 and I will talk them through the process.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Helen

6 comments:

  1. Helen I meant to sign up last week. Please add me to the list(s) for practise rounds. Will be there next Thursday and look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you on Thursday, hope fully it will not rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to Thursday, see all those who can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi all
    yes i am up for being a rookie with you ladies ! I would appreciate any support ref match play and look forward to being a Pearson Lady !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be able to get there for golf Thursday but hoping to join you all for a sandwich afterwards at lunch time and catch up on plans for this year's challenge!! C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi all
    bit short notice BUT is anyone up for a game tomorrow -wednesday - please at short notice??
    havent been able to play for a few weeks and need the practise. any time to suit
    please can u text me before tomorrow morningotherwise i'll go down n practise
    07803050645
    thanx

    ReplyDelete