Thursday, 15 April 2010

STUNNING.....

Well what can I say - nowhere in my wildest dreams did I think we would beat Littlestone 7 - 0 (although I was convinced we would win) and neither did the Littlestone Captain. She came prepared with an envelope to send the result sheet to the Pearson organiser, something that only the winning team has to do and unfortunately had to take it home with her!!
Not only have the team won but they did it in style with some stunning scores:
Kelly 3 & 2
Sue 7 & 5 ( I don't think Belinda will be getting her red jumper back now!)
Brenda 1 up
Caroline 6 & 5
Debbie Conder 8 & 6
Helen Venis 7 & 5 (even after dropping her handicap by 2 shots)
Judith 2 & 1

This result means we are nearly through the group stage and can secure this at Faversham next week. I will post the league table shortly so that you can see the current state of play.

Ladies you were absolutely FANTASTIC today. You blew the opposition away and even the Littlestone Captain had to agree that we have a GREAT team.

9 comments:

  1. What a team!!! Well Done Everyone, keeping your best to beat Littlestone. I am so proud of you all and so pleased to be part of team, even if only supporting!!! Keep Up, Keep In, Keep ON.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done today, what a fantastic win, well played GIRLS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow!! What a day!! What a team!! What a squad!! What a CLUB!!!! Play well next week ladies. Well done and lots a love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing day and a wonderful result! it was a privilege to see you all do so well. Congratulations to Helen and her squad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Really!
    Well done, Helen! You captured the essence of the day in your post match comments, as usual.
    Now we must seal the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still smiling..7 - 0...wow!!!
    We need to win next week so there is no doubt.
    What a fab squad to be part of..such a buzz...remember if we get through Rena is buying champagne!!! C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the next day and I'm still smiling Caroline!
    Great team.Great day! Even Ashley in the shop could hear our celebrations !!! I told him he had heard nothing yet.
    Come on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to be part of such a fantastic team! and a lucky red jumper as well!! Let's hope we do as well next week. Go go go West Malling.

    ReplyDelete